DETAILS OF THE STAY
Choosing Bosnia as your fly-fishing destination will be the easiest decision you’ve made!
Not only will you be presented with the opportunity to discover a new country with lovely scenery, rich history and a unique culture, but you will also have the chance to discover an oasis of untouched natural beauty.
Bosnia will inevitably charm you with its beautiful landscapes and rich rivers.
The stays we offer will take you to the heart of the Balkans to discover two rivers that are perfect for fly fishing, especially dry fly fishing. These chalk stream rivers are protected from pollution and are full of food for the salmonids.
Our beats are on 2 very famous rivers: the Ribnik and the Pliva. The Ribnik is medium-sized, ideal for wading. The beat is over 5 km long and does not present any particular difficulty. It is a succession of rapids and pools where you will find an exceptional density of fish. Grayling fishermen will be delighted!
The Pliva, is much bigger than the Ribnik as it is fed by three sources. The beat is over 6km long and has some distinctive features such as large pools and some strong currents. Fishing is mainly done from the river bank or by wading. You will only be wading on the edges of this river as it very deep, something which isn’t immediately apparent due to the clarity of the water. Nymph fishing is the method of choice to catch the large grayling that feed only on nymphs and crustaceans.
Trout like to feed on the surface during the hatch, which favours dry fishing. Both of these rivers have had catch-and-release policies for the past years, resulting in very healthy populations of trout and grayling. You are guaranteed an unforgettable fishing trip thanks to both the incredible fishing and beautiful setting.
Activity begins in April with the appearance of the first mayflies. May and June are the hottest fishing months where there are unforgettable hatches of mayfly and caddisflies. This is undoubtedly the best time to catch a big trout on a dry fly!
From July to September, due to the higher temperatures and brightness, fishing will mainly be done during the day while waiting for the evening rise for dry fly fishing.
As the sun starts to set, you can witness extraordinary eruptions of insect life which are as impressive to see as they are attractive to the fish which gorge themselves when the conditions are right.
From the end of September to the end of the season on December 31st, the much lower temperatures and brightness provide the ideal climate for the emergence of small autumn caddisflies. On days in which the weather is right, the sheer number of caddisflies brings the river to a “boil”: paradise for dry fly flyshermen and those who appreciate fine fishing.
Grayling of sizes of more than 50 cm can be caught on each outing!
These prices include:
- Fishing permits for Ribnik and Pliva
- Professional guides (2 or 3 per group depending on the size of the group)
- Full day guiding including directing to the best fly-fishing locations
- Accommodation (full board) in lodges at Ribnik
- Logistical support and advice
These prices do not include:
- Transfers from the airport (by request)
- Air transport from Paris to Zagreb and back,
- Drinks for the duration of your stay,
- Purchase of local flies,
- Guide tips
- Cancellation, luggage, accident, interruption of stay insurance.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
- Booking: a booking is only considered confirmed upon payment of a deposit of 50% of the price of the trip. The balance 50% should be paid in its entirety 90 days before the date of departure.
- Cancellation: any cancellation more than 90 days before departure will result in the withholding of 50% of the price of the package (amount of the deposit). Between three months and the date of departure, no refund will be granted. In all cases, the passenger can call upon the “cancellation” insurance, if it has been taken out (please consult us).
- Insurance: The guaranteed repatriation assistance, cancellation fees, interruption of stay and civil liability are offered at a rate of 5% of the amount of your stay. Please consult us for these insurances as well as the one covering your sports equipment.
- Prices: our rates have been established for the 2020 fishing season.